Monday, June 18, 2007

Discovering Something New

I'm working at the Alpine Family History Center right now and I just learned something new. I was talking to our director Paul Mecham about how our computers were all logged out of the Family History Center subscription to Ancestry.com. That is when I learned that the Family History Centers are now actively using the new URL Ancestry.com has set up for their private access. I knew that was going to happen but I didn't realize it was a reality. So if you are like me and didn't know that, here is the URL you want to use when trying to access the databases available to FHCs: www.ancestryinstitution.com

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is alway another genealogy day.

2 comments:

Renee Zamora said...

Note: FHC's need to sign into www.ancestryinstitution.com and use their previous Ancestry.com username and password to sign in. Patrons will not be able to log out of AncestryInstition. They must sign into Ancestry.com to access their own accounts.

Rebeka said...

Oh! That’s great news. We are really grateful to Ancestry.com. as well I am very much delighted to log on this site.