Monday, October 15, 2007

Finding Really Good Genealogy Blogs

I received the following email and I thought I would share it with you.

I like these two genealogy blogs:

Genealogy Blog (Everton Publishers)

Genealogy Blog (Renee Zamora)

Are there others that are this well done?

Kip Sperry
Since I am responding to a commonly asked question by many; here is my response to you all.

Back in June here was a list I quickly made up.

My favorites are:

Dick Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter -
Dear Myrtle -
The Ancestry Insider -
Kimberly Powell with -
Genealogy Insider -
Genea-Musings - http://randysmusings.blogspotcom/

I receive the above blogs through Feedblitz so I get a email of their postings.

I also often go to the website or watch in Google Reader Chris Dunham sites. He has a fantastic sense of humor.
The Genealogue-
His top ten lists are priceless -

His Genealogy Blog Finder is the tool I would recommend that everyone check out -

I've had so many over the past couple of years that I watch, then they kind of fade away for their lack of postings. The Genealogy Blog Finder really is a very quick and easy answer to give an organized list of blogs for people to watch.

I'm glad I made your list!

Renee Zamora
See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

1 comment:

Gerhard said...


Here are a couple of additional genealogy blogs that I also watch:
The Genealogy Guys Podcast, a combination blog and podcast at

24-7 Family History Circle at

The Ancestry Insider at

I use the free version of to let me know when the blogs have additional entries.