Saturday, November 10, 2007

NFS Roll-out Announcements

There has been major news in the past couple of days with several temple districts receiving news that new FamilySearch will be released within 90 days. This release has shown how effective it is to have Family History Consultants register with the Church as Family History Consultants. Registered FHCs were among the first to receive word in their temple districts of the roll out, even before their local priesthood leaders could make announcement over the pulpit. All FHC in these temple districts have been asked to register on the New FamilySearch website and to start training themselves and ward members of the changes to take effect.

In my efforts to confirm the "rumors" I found my task difficult. It appears the only people talking about temple districts in the 90 day cycle are the FHCs in those areas. I was able to determine that the official release dates are soft. Temples are to go live WITHIN 90 days, that means it could be less than 90 days. My sources were telling me January as the projected live date and that would make it an only 60 day prep-time.

I created a webpage with a spreadsheet to share on my blog so you will know what temple districts have been announced, dates to go live and those already live with NFS. If you look on the Renee's Genealogy Blog website you will see located on the right hand side a link "New FamilySearch Roll-out". I will continue to updated the spreadsheet as announcements are made.

The spreadsheet in broken down by areas - the same areas that LDS.org lists temples in. You will see that it is color coded. The green dates are either when the announcement was made or when they are confirmed to go live. Red is for temples that are already live with NFS and the effective date.

Since I am only able to call the United States and Canada those are the only temples districts on my spreadsheet. As I learn of temples outside of this area, that have received announcements, I will add them to the list. I expect the announcements now to increase. There are a lot of temples that need to go live before the projected July 2008 roll-out completion.

Here is a quick list of Temple's Live or Announced for NFS.

Live: 6
Orlando, FL
St. Louis, MO
Billings, MT
Reno, NV
Albuquerque, NM
Cardston, Alberta, Canada

Announced: 16
Boston, MA
Detroit, MI
Columbus, OH
Winter Quarters, NE
Snowflake, AZ
Mesa, AZ
Las Vegas, NV
Dallas, TX
Baton Rouge, LA
San Antonio, TX
Sacramento, CA
Fresno, CA
Redlands, CA
San Diego, CA
Oakland, CA
Los Angeles, CA

That would make all the Temples in California, except Newport Beach, which seems kinda odd to me. If you can confirm anymore announcements let me know. I will do the same.

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: