The next regular, second-Saturday-of-the-month meeting of the Utah Valley PAF (Personal Ancestral File) Users Group will be on Saturday, 14 Jun 2008, from 9 am until noon in the LDS "Red" Chapel at 4000 North Timpview Drive (650 East), in Provo. The main presentation will be by Matt Misbach on SELF-PUBLISH THE EASY AND FREE WAY.
With recent advancements in technology in the publishing industry self-publishing is easier than ever, and is gaining tremendous popularity. This presentation will show you how to self-publish your book for FREE. The process is simple enough that anyone can do it.
Matt Misbach is President of Misbach Enterprises, a genealogy company specializing in charting and publishing for over 40 years. Matt has developed several genealogy software programs, designed numerous pedigree and descendant charts, and has published the following books: The Griffiths Story, Jacob Persinger, The Van Der Kemp Collection, Jacob the Indian, and Misbachs In Mongolia.
Following the main presentation there will be several classes taught concerning technology and family history. As usual, there will be something for everyone at all levels of expertise. The classes currently scheduled for this meeting are the following:
- Documenting Sources in PAF and New Family Search, by Duane Dudley
- Using Footnote and Other FamilySearch Affiliates in Family History Centers, by Robert Raymond
- Stuck? Tips for Getting Unstuck, by Laurie Castillo
- Q&A on Self-Publish the Easy and Free Way, by Matt Misbach
- Individual Mentoring (and mini-class on Using Census Records at Heritage Quest for Free), by Larine Mortensen and RaeLee Steinacker
- Video - newFamilySearch Synchronization with Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, and RootsMagic by Gaylon Findlay, John Vilburn, & Bruce Buzbee
- Legacy 7: Charting, by Dean Bennett
- RootsMagic, by Bruce Buzbee.