Sunday, August 10, 2008

Adventures in FamilySearch Indexing - Week 54

I have finally gone through all my emails and blogs since I ignored them while my father was out visiting. Now I feel like I can finally get back to work and one thing that includes is FamilySearch Indexing. This past Wednesday I tried to index and it wouldn't download and open the batch for me. I am game to give it a try again today.

Speaking of game, I'm watching them, the Olympic Games that is, while I index. I can tell you this week is going to be major difficult for me to concentrate on doing genealogy when the Olympic Games are going on. Thank goodness for a laptop with wireless internet connection. I can get things done, I just move a little slower at it.

My batch from the other day was waiting for me, the Massachusetts 1920 U. S. Federal Census. I don't know how many hours it took me to index it but I finally completed it. I had decided to do two batches today to make up for last week. So it was onto my second batch for the evening.

I had a really hard time indexing that batch. The USA won the gold medal in the Men's swim relay in record time. Can you tell I'm not really into my indexing tonight. I did accomplish two things, watching the Olympics while indexing two batches. I need a gold medal for doing both at the same time! I indexed 100 individuals giving me a grand total of 7997 records to date. I think I will go back to my Olympics to tell you the truth.

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

2 comments:

Katie G said...

Renee,

I noticed a new addition to the list of upcoming indexing projects: New York - 1905 State Census. Thought you might enjoy that.

Thanks for keeping me in the genealogy loop. I love reading your blog!

Katie

Renee Zamora said...

WAHOO!!! I can't wait - I hope it's there on Sunday.