Thursday, August 21, 2008

Keeping Track of My History

I just haven't been good about writing in my journal. Tonight I decided that I would take the time to record my feelings about working for WorldVitalRecords.com. I still can't get over how I'm going to be paid to talk to people about genealogy all day. Tomorrow I get on the phones, which is kind of scary and exciting at the same time.

So, how are you doing recording the events and feelings that make up you and who you are? Are your descendants years from now going to know what made you tick or are they just going to have a list of facts? I encourage you to record the moments of your life.

Here is my course of action in recording my history. I am using LDSJournal to write at random times, on either my laptop or desktop PC. Since LDSJournal is online I don't have to worry about which computer has my up-to-date journal on it. After several entries I will copy my entries off LDSJournal and put them into Personal Historian.

I am using Personal Historian to add all my past journal entries into so I can write my personal history some day. I haven't entered my journal entries from when I was about 12 years old in there yet. All I seemed to write about day after day was how much in love with Donny Osmond I was. At least they weren't long entries but still some phases of life you would love to not be reminded about. Haha.

Here are some links on the two programs I am using.

LDS Journal - www.ldsjournal.com
Video - A Journal for Everyone

Personal Historian - www.personalhistorian.com
Video Tutorial - http://www.personalhistorian.com/Support/PHTutorial.html

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: