Family history consultants are often asked to teach family history classes. The Family History Department is developing resources that consultants can use to teach these classes.
A new series of family history lessons is now available through FamilySearch.org. These short lessons are available for download in .pdf format. They may be used as self-study or as supplemental lessons for family history consultants who teach family history classes. The following lessons are available:
- Lesson 1: Perform Descendancy Research
- Lesson 2: Conduct Family History Interviews
- Lesson 3: Involve Children and Youth in Family History
- Lesson 4: Write a Personal History
- Lesson 5: Create a Family History
- Lesson 6: Involve Your Extended Family in Family History
- Lesson 7: Use the Internet for Family History Research
- Go to www.familysearch.org
- In the “What’s New” section, click Family History Lesson Series provides useful guides.