Thursday, July 01, 2010

FamilySearch Articles

I found three articles of interest tonight about FamilySearch that I thought I would pass along.

Mormon Times
Orem Library Partners with FamilySearch by Jacob Hancock
OREM, Utah —The Orem Public Library has been named a FamilySearch affiliate, giving patrons access to the world's largest collection of resources for genealogy research.

The ProGenealogist Blog
Some Images on FamilySearch Record Search Have Moved by Karina Morales
Last week I noticed that some records I used to be able to access on the FamilySearch Record Search website were no longer available. There was a note that stated they might be available through FamilySearch Beta.  Today I discovered how to access the images on FamilySearch Beta.

News from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Ensign Jul 2010, pages 74-78
Updated to Bring New Features Under One Roof,  by Breanna Olaveson
An update to, available now at, will make the site a hub of genealogical activity. Users can visit the site and provide feedback for developers before the beta version replaces later this year.

No comments: