We invite you and any of your friends, neighbors, ward members, or interested genealogy enthusiasts to attend and to help publicize the Riverton FamilySearch Library’s third monthly Saturday Seminar, which will take place on Saturday, October 16, 2010, from 9:00 a.m. to noon. There will be three hours of instruction by family history experts covering a wide range of technical and research subjects.
Following the keynote presentation by FamilySearch product manager Ron Tanner, there will be two blocks of four classes each that will cover research methods as well as technology currently being used within the field of family history.
9:00 AM: Keynote speaker: Ron Tanner, product manager, Family History Department; assists in design and research for new FamilySearch. "The Future of New FamilySearch"
Classes to be held during the first hour (10 AM) are:
- New FamilySearch Editing and Temple Submission—Cathy Anderegg
- Census Techniques and Strategies for Finding Elusive Ancestors—Jason Harrison
- Using Google for Research—Sue Maxwell
- Finding Your Scottish Ancestors—Raymon Naisbitt
- New FamilySearch Resources for Consultants and Priesthood Leaders—Cathy Anderegg
- Using Ancestry.com for Military and Land Records—Robert Turley
- Exporting Data from New FamilySearch for Other Uses—Paul Hyer
- Southern States Research—DeAnne Shelley
Details at www.familysearch.org/fhc/riverton