Thursday, January 12, 2012

Book Review of "Waiting in the Wings"


Waiting in the Wings - Heaven is Our Real Home
Around Christmas time I won a free copy of Sarah Hinze's new book "Waiting in the Wings - Heaven is Our Real Home."  I just finished this wonderfully inspiring book. The stories are so touching. It is a compilation of short stories from many parents-to-be and young children confirming that we did live before this earth life. The book also confirms we have missions and lessons to learn in this earth life and that there is life after death.

To me there were also many genealogy inspired type moments.  One of my favorites is on page 87.

Johnny "Tell Me of Grandpa Robert"

I was putting three-year old Johnny to bed when he asked for a bedtime story. For the past few weeks, I had been telling him of the adventures of his great-great-grandfather: a colonizer, a soldier, a community leader. As I started another story, Johnny stopped me and said, "No, tell me of Grandpa Robert." I was surprised. This was my grandpa. I had not told stories of him, and I could not imagine where Johnny had heard his name. He had died before I even married.

"How do you know about Grandpa Robert?" I asked.
"Well, Momma," he said reverently, "he's the one who brought me to earth."

In one sentence three-year-old Johnny teaches of his own existence before birth, of Grandpa Roberts' existence after death, and that we do not come to earth alone.

I strongly recommend this find of a book.  You can order the book by visiting Sarah's website at: http://sarahhinze.com/

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: