Sunday, February 15, 2015

RootsTech Recap is Postponed

RootsTech was so great this year that it knocked me off my feet! I have thoughts and impressions I really wish to share. Unfortunately, I paid a really big price trying to do everything I wanted to at RootsTech.  I did not get the rest my body needed and because of this I am now flat on my back with my legs elevated. It's really hard to type this way.

I've only talked to a nurse over the phone and it appears I have cellulitis. Its about a 6" ring around the bottom half of both legs. This is not a good thing when you have diabetes. I'm not sure which of the too much walking, standing or sitting caused it. But sleeping on average 3 hrs each night didn't help.  Once I am back on my feet I will recap my impressions from my RootsTech experience. It appears the Lord wants me to ponder on what I learned before I speak.

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

3 comments:

GeniAus said...

That's tough Renee. Hope you get relief real soon.

June Booth said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I can see why it did, however! It was an awesome experience even for me just sitting and working at a booth. Hopefully FamilySearch will post more videos of the various events so all can have a taste of that fabulous conference. Get well, Renee, but don't rush it.

June Booth said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I can see why it did, however! It was an awesome experience even for me just sitting and working at a booth. Hopefully FamilySearch will post more videos of the various events so all can have a taste of that fabulous conference. Get well, Renee, but don't rush it.